Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Presents for my Pretties: The Search for the Perfect BM Gift

So now that the ladies got their dresses, I started to think about what I wanted to get them as my thank you for being such great bridesmaids.






I knew that there would be beautiful tissue paper & some great font on a tag... but I didn't know much else...

Source / Shim & Sons



Thank goodness for the Internet! With a keyboard and trusty mouse in hand I found some great things to gift the girlies with.

Tiffany's Playing Card Set / $30
Source / Tiffany's

Sigh. I just want to sit and sip coffee on a Sunday morning 
with my ladies in these robes.
 knee-length kimono robes by the 5... perfect for a BM gift -- as
Miss Bunting had mentioned previously!

Gift Certificate for some pampering at a local spa?

With their grey & white striped sweaters to get me started, I started editing my ideas and thinking about something that they might wear on our big day.  While I am normally not that practical of a gal (heck, I spent how many hours upon hours cutting little tiny tiny triangles for our STDs?!), I wanted something that they'd use again.

I originally wanted to make everyone robes -- similar to PlumPrettySugar's gorgeous dreamy ones.  But time was ticking and I knew that I could be going in a little over my head with a To Do wedding list the size of two of my arms!

But purses -- little bags -- could be doable!  I sought out Keyka Lou's adorable accessories patterns and the pattern for her pocket clutch was in my inbox in a moments time.

KeykaLou's patterns are precious!!
Source / Keyka Lou

Especially if I use the fabric that I am using to create the guys ties!

Amy Butler's Midwest Modern Grey & White Fabric

I am planning on sewing a little message or quote inside, personalized to each.

Now I wanted to get them something else.  Something to accompany the sweaters & purses.

I decided to start to research lockets. Just the idea of a locket reminds me of something timeless, romantic and thoughtful.  It is heartfelt and is a piece you treasure.  You give a locket to someone you love.  A grown-up version of a friendship necklace (which I have exchanged many with cousin Sweet Cream!).
Me & Cousin Sweet Cream always loved exchanging 
Best Friend necklaces... seriously, we probably did it at least 5 times!
Source / Kaboodle

I decided that lockets would be the perfect gift for the girlies!

Lockets are timeless.  They are a gift you give with your soul.
Source / Nordstrom's 

If someone gave me this locket, 
I know that I meant something special to them!
Source / Mimi Boutique

Sigh.  Look at these beauts I picked for my girls.
Etsy Seller TrystByKerry makes breathtaking personalized lockets...
And I can't wait to get them!!

I can't wait to finish their bags and put everything together!

Did you gift you BMs with any gift or presents?  What was it? How did you come up with the idea?  What was the best BM gift you have gotten!

No comments:

Post a Comment