Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Engagement Sesh Time: A Vintage Picnic For Two

I told you about how I love the super special places people sometimes pick out for the engagement sesh.  And then I divulged the setting for ours.  But before we bought our tickets for the ferris wheel and got a sugar high from all of the cotton candy, our uhhhmazing photographer Brett Martelli decided that it was worth a trip to the spot where we spent time while we shared puppy love -- and the spot Mr. Sweets proposed -- Bolton Mansion, the old mansion between our two neighborhoods growing up where we sledded during the winter and hung out on bikes in the summer.

We had so much stinkin' fun with Brett.  I was super nervous about the whole idea of cheesin' for the camera, but that quickly went out the window and I totally forgot all about it and just had fun.  

Brett put up with my box of vintage props and me thinking -- I mean knowing --  that I could work it for the camera from watchin' a lot of America's Next Top Model.  He totally captured us having a blast...not to mention, he himself was so much fun to work with...  

And just when I thought that was enough, Brett completely blew me away with some of his teasers.  I had some prep I wanted to share before unveiling these beauts... But that was before I saw them. The teasers are so great, I could wait to show the hive.


One of my favorites from the Bolton Mansion shoot --
Although it's so hard to choose just one -- and this is from the teasers alone, hive!!



 Mr. Sweets loves that hat.  And I love Mr. Sweets.  (And I think he might like me too! ;) )

I totally made sure to steal the Ace of Hearts so that I could "win" ;)

 
I totally hammed it up with a vintage camera (borrowed from Papa Sweets), 
making believe I was taking tons of pictures of my honey.

 You may remember this carving that served as some inspiration for the wedding.  
It was also was perfect to serve as a backdrop for my 1920s bling.

 Mr. Sweets makes my heart skip a beat!


You can probably guess what our new last name initial will be after the big day.


We got a couple takes going down this scary hill on the bike.  It was so. much. fun.

Next up, we went to the fair.  So I can't wait to show you the ferris wheel, cotton candy, ride-til-u-puke fun we had there!!

*NOTE: All super UHHmazing pics are from Brett Martelli.

Did you have a blast at your engagement shoot?  Were you nervous but quickly got over it after the camera came out?  Did your photographer add to the fun of it all?

[Note to all Greater Philly area brides: Brett totally rocks!!]

No comments:

Post a Comment