Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Pimp My Ride

Growing up I not only just loved books -- but I simply adored Dr. Suess books.  His wildly funny, wickedly imaginative words & stories that I would read again and again as a little Sweet Cream.  One of my favorites (is there such a word when talking about Dr. Suess??) is "Marvin K. Mooney Will You Please Go Now."

via Etsy's ArtandBookShop

For those of you unfamiliar with the story, some man from above tries kicking poor Marvin out and lists all of the crazy ways that he can leave... by broomstick, by Bumble-Boat, by Crunk Car, by a Zike Bike... If you know Dr. Suess, like I am sure you do... you get the picture.

via Etsy's ArtandBookShop

I am sure that you are thinking "Sweet Cream! What the hay does Dr. Suess have to do with all this!!"  

Well... I'll tell you what...  I think that thoughts of Marvin's modes of possibilities in transportation somehow made it into my bridal brain disguised -- and for some reason, I just couldn't let go of the fact that I didn't want just-a-limo to carry me -- or our wedding party -- around on the big day.

There were plenty of other cool ways to get to and from the church.



Like a bus from the UK! / via Wendy Home


This bus rocks! / via Wilsonberry Wedding

I really really wanted a VW bus /  Distinct Occasions / via Kuste Kombis

Maybe even a really cool desert rover/ via California Overland

 A SCHOOL BUS! enough said! / via Bride.net

Until you say "boat!" / via My Wedding

For us, transportation is not a high priority on the list -- I do admit that our budget money wasn't riding on something as cool as a Zike Bike. I tried reaching out to the local VW club to find a VW bus -- with no such luck (although I did mysteriously begin to see them parked around everywhere after I started the hunt! Never with a driver though!).

So after brainstorming and thinkforming...googling and doodling... (Whoa! Getting all Suessy on the hive, huh?)... We arrived on this...

....Wait for it...

via Avis

That's right, my friends.  A Chevy Van that seats 12.  

Well you can't win 'em all.  The clock is ticking and my creative juices are getting used elsewhere.  And with a basket of goodies, some window markers and perhaps a Martha Flower here and there, I think it will be perfection.  And it's a whopping $112 for 24 hours.  Done & done!

Please tell me your super cool ideas that got your wedding party from Point A to Point B, whether they be wicked, unique or thrifty!  I need to live vicariously through you since all we are getting is a Chevy van!!! But know, I do have a little somethin' somethin' up my sleeve for me & Mr. Sweets...


No comments:

Post a Comment