Tuesday, September 20, 2011

The Super Sweet Invite Suite...Revealed!

I know that I talked about all sorts of aspects of the invitations.  But now it's time for the big reveal!

Before we get to that... I will tell you that Mr. Sweets helped me oh-so-very-much!  Maybe other Mr.'s get into every aspect of planning.  But Mr. Sweet Cream really only likes the parts that involve tools, food & men's attire...and of course the honeymoon!


If it wasn't for him, we would be left without adorable little wooden hearts that I could wood burn our initials into.  Boy, I love that boy!


And if I wasn't for these hearts, how could a girl explain spending hours watching guilty pleasures from the DVR like MTV's Teen Mom or home improvement shows that make a few tears come out?  

Those hearts not only made the invite -- but they gave me an excuse for these sorts of things... but enough with the delay... As they say before the "big reveal..."



So here they are hive!


Want a closer look?  After carefully opening (or ripping open) the envelope, guests were treated to a fabric-banded, baker's twine-tied, heart-adorned package.


After getting off the band, I know that a few tears were dropped from this beyond gorgeous Bob Marley quote.

Then they got the deets:




And then they got to mail it back to "The Soon-To-Be Mr. & Mrs. Sweets."  :)

I mixed in part Etsy designer with my own design of the quote, map & packaging and think that it turned out perfect.  Especially for the vibe of our laid back, BBQ reception.

Although I couldn't wait to finish these bad boys... I do admit that I was kind of sad to see them go!


But almost immediately the RSVPs began appearing in my mailbox and I didn't miss them so much anymore.  But I sure do love them!

Did you DIY your invites?  Did you buy invites from somewhere & add your own touches just because you couldn't resist yourself?

No comments:

Post a Comment