Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Shower Me With Love: The Grub

So I started telling you about my oh-so-lovely shower, where I wasn't only showered with gifts -- but certainly with the care & affection of family & friends...


But I didn't share the deets with you!  Shame on me for teasing you and then falling off the planet.  Although it certainly is by no means an excuse, my day job has got me bouncing around the country non-stop -- on top of a wedding that is almost here!!


So let me get back to business bees!


Just for a refresher of the invites were my (yes my) labor of love...


Source for the Uhh-dorable milk and cookies graphic: Jess Fink


So besides telling you about the menu in the "Mr. Sweet Cream & Mrs. Sweet Cream Go Together Like..." themed shower... Let me show you!!!


 The scene of the beautiful presents!

 Appetizers that made everyone's lips smack!

 Aunt Sweets made little cut outs of me & Mr. Sweets to adorn the bar...
with wine, beer, punch & homemade lemonade (with vodka to add yourself, of course!)

 A "Cheese & Cracker" bar... Because like the sigh says...
Me & Mr. Sweets...we go together!

 A sandwich bar... with little signs like "Mr. Sweets & Miss Sweets Go Together Like...
Ham & Cheese...BBQ Pulled Pork & Apple Slaw..." You name it - it was there!

 The deviled eggs with bacon was not only perfect for "Bacon & Eggs,"
but I don't think I can have deviled eggs sans bacon ever again!

Look how sweet those signs are! BM Sweets wanted the font 
to go perfect with the invites!

 And the cherished cookie bar! The crew had vintage milk bottles filled with milk
and they thought nobody would drink it... And had to keep refilling them(!)

  • Cold veggies & dip
  • Cheese & cracker bar
  • Chips & salsa
  • An AMAZING salad bar (with a bread & butter bar -- yes...all different breads AND spreads!)
Sandwiches like: Pork chops & apple slaw sliders, chicken salad with grapes & walnuts, turkey & cranberry sandwiches with a mayo spread, apple & cheese open faced sandwiches,


And the cookie bar!! The cookies! Snickerdoodles, chocolate chip, oatmeal, sugar cookies & PB&J cookies all were devoured.  And for those that weren't?  The left over take home boxes that will be used for the wedding served as the perfect container for a take home treat!

My mouth is now drooling looking back on all of this.

What was your favorite thing to feast on at your shower? Did your crew go above and beyond your wildest dreams???


No comments:

Post a Comment