Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Shower Me With Love

My oh-so-lovely loved ones weren't totally hating me for wanting my shower not to be a surprise, nor were they mad about me wanting oh-so-badly wanting to craft the invites.

I shared with you, the hive, about our adventures in registering - including at the home improvement superstore - Home Depot.

My shower day is a day that goes down as one of my favorite days in the history of my life.  I know that it sounds silly - after all it is just a party to shower me & Mr. Sweets with nice things... but to me those things weren't things, they were kindness, love & true all-out-soul-sharing from friends and family that gathered at our house on a recent Saturday to show us how much they care.

Since I was hoping for a non-surprise, I got to help pick the date.  And I was obsessed with the theme "We Go Together." And I was so happy that it was at our house so that everyone could stay as late as they wanted and we didn't have to worry about dragging packages back & forth.  But that is where me being "in the know" ended.  

There were secret meetings (that I somehow knew happened) and lots of fun planning behind my back.  That day I was forced to retreat from me & Mr. Sweet Cream's humble abode & I got another trial (hey! I didn't have anyone to hangout with since everyone I would normally hang out with was at our house prepping for the festivities!).  Needless to say, my idea of the trial taking up the whole morning, didn't happen & I fled to the local Rite Aid to by fun new nail polishes to entertainment myself with at Mama Sweet's house.

About an hour before the shower was to begin I got the phone call it was time to come over.  So off I went!  In my brand new dress I made with this amazing Michael Miller fabric to boot! (Know that I originally had planned on making a romper without a pattern and the craziness of work & wedding plans didn't allow me to take on that challenge!).

Michael Miller "Dear Damsel" fabric / via eBay's QuilterAlice

After I got to soak it all in of what my backyard had become, guests showed up and I was able to greet them and chat.  There was homemade lemonade & vodka to add.  There was a delicious menu (& a cookie & milk bar!!!).  There were little tags on all the food -- BM Sweet Cream actually tried to find the font I used on the invites to surprise me.  There was also a bonfire with smores!  And all those near & dear put together a giant scrapbook of our history with each person that is beyond beautiful.  And the heartfelt gifts.  Sigh.  I still get all tingly thinking of my shower day.  

I can't wait to share the favors that mean the world to me, the menu & the details!

Until then... enjoy some of the teaser pics from a day that I will always remember I felt like my heart was going to burst it was so full of love.

 Is a shower a shower without some TP wedding gowns? 

I LOVED my cake!!

 Mr. Sweet Cream's Aunt is FAMOUS for her cakes!  I was SHOCKED!
You might remember some of her inspiration from our engagement pics... 


Cuz Sweet Cream made a game with vintage kitchen finds
that she shipped all the way from Portland!  Guests SIMPLE LOVED IT!

If I had to pick just one part of my shower that was my favorite -- I couldn't even decide.  I felt asleep late into the night & a severe strike of thunder woke me up in the wee hours.  I kept Mr. Sweet Cream up telling him every last detail of the day.  

What was your favorite part of your shower? Were you overwhelmed by all the love that knocked you off your feet? 

No comments:

Post a Comment