Thursday, June 23, 2011

Fair Game: The Oh-So-Uhmazing Locale of the Engage Sesh

I teased you with engagement sessions in meaningful, special places, like cooking classes, fishing holes and the garden plots.  And I mentioned that I almost threw our big idea into the can after seeing the super, super  amazing camping shots.

Your probably thinking: OK, Sweet Cream! What's this big idea anyway??

Well, hive... I might have mentioned me & the Mister's history that started in grade school, so we decided to take it back there... yes, way back there.

Ever since the beginning of time (OK. Maybe I am exaggerating just a little.  It was 1956 to be exact), our little Catholic Parish held the biggest fair in town.  People would get super excited to go ride the rides, eat cotton candy until they were ready to get sick & hang out with their pals.  The summers of the late 1990s, me & Mr. Sweets were no exception to this rule.  We just loved our town's fair.

Via Picable / Photographer: Lindsay Dean

So that is where we decided to have it: The Fair.

And apparently, many couples have oh-so-lovely shots from their town fairs.  Just look!!

 
Midsouth Delta Fair in Memphis, Tennessee

Source: Silly Baby Blogging Girl / Photographer: Christa Kimble
Ohio State Fair in Columbus, Ohio

Via Kim Le Photography Blog / Photographer: Kim Le Photography
Orange County Fair in Orange County, California

Via Shannon Nicole Smith Blog / Photographer: Shannon Nicole Smith
Orlando, Florida

Via Hanle Productions Blog / Photographer: Hanle Productions
Wisconsin State Fair, West Allis, Wisconsin


What can beat balloons, slides, cotton candy, snow cones, and cuddly kisses on ferris wheels?

So I know that it's going to be crowded.  And perhaps a little hot.  But the pictures we could get with the excitement, bold colors, delish super sugary treats & our sweet little walk down memory lane is totally worth it.  And I just know our uhmazing photographer, Brett Martelli will deliver.

So hive, any tips for the engagement sesh for me?   

Props? No props? 1 outfit or 2?  Bold print? Solid color? A stop-bein-so-darn-nervous sip of a little somethin' somethin'? 

Help me, puuhhhlleeeze!!  I'm dying to know what you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment