Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Manly, Manly Things That Go With Clothes...Are Necessities!

So dear hive, I've shared with you about some accessories that are a must for me on the big day.  But what about my, sweet, sweet Mister?

I told you that we nailed down a general idea of just what he & his guys will show up in on the big day... but I forgot to mention one thing.  Well -  Mr. Sweets....he likes his accessories manly, manly things that go with clothes too!  

Mr. Sweets is a sucker for watches, cologne, sunglasses, (baseball) hats (that he collects like a kid collects baseball cards!), Nikes, Phillies t-shirts, retro sports jerseys... OK well maybe some of those aren't accessories, although they are manly, manly things -- but you get the idea.


So Mr. Sweets has yet to decide on his exact attire for the big day (except that it will be a charcoal grey suit of some kind).  But like me, he also loves accessorizing finding things to go with his clothes.


So he thought that these cuff links were pretty darn cool & just like that, we ordered them!


Image Via Etsy's Churoncalla

Mr. Sweets wanted to get them with his own initials & they look even better than the virtual display of them on his Etsy site.

Then, I sent Mr. Sweets a picture of these super cool spectator shoes I saw on Ebay.


The downside is that they are $295 for the 1930s-ish solecandy & Mr. Sweets doubts he'd ever wear them again...or at least wear them that much.

But there are similar pairs (although not with a story to tell!) out there.  Mr. Sweets wants (for me) to keep looking, but at the moment, he's kinda feelin' these:


And since we are on the subject of accessorizing (sorry, Mr. Sweets -- I do know that you despise the word...they aren't "accessories" I know... but just for the sake of this post I have to call them that.  OK?) perhaps Mr. Sweets would like the idea of some kind of hat?  These grooms seriously rock their caps, from Jeffs to Fedoras!

Photo Credits (starting top left corner, going clockwise): 

And I know that Mr. Sweets would just love a new watch to add to his ever growing time-keeping collection for the big day.  (He feels about watches, just as I do about shoes,  you really can never have enough!).
Audemars Piguet Watch / Image via Hello Rolex

Grooms, are you psyched for any new ermm... "accessories" for your big day?  What "accessories" are you rockin'?  A favorite pair of chucks?  A vintage pocket watch?  A stellar pair of sunglasses? 
 
Do tell!

No comments:

Post a Comment