Friday, June 3, 2011

Hello! My name is: Miss Sweet Cream

Hello, Hive!


It’s so nice to meet all of you – even though I’ve been getting your advice and offering input on the Boards since Mr. Sweet Cream put a ring on my finger.  I wish I could give you all a cupcake!  That's what my college roommate did our freshman year of moving day... She handed out cupcakes to all the new people on our dorm floor.  Much to my surprise - it worked out wonderfully in making us new friends.  I guess nobody could ever say no to a really good looking cupcake.   


So although I come bearing no cupcakes, know that you can count on me to bear good stories, inspiration, tips, ideas & bridal blogging pics that will make you, my fellow bees, weak in the knees.

I’m so excited to officially be a blogging bee and hope that I can inspire you with my findings and projects, just as much as I can’t wait to hear your advice for me whether it’s on hair dos or hairy situations.
Brides always love how hearing how Misses met the Misters… so let me fill you in a little bit about Me & Mister Sweet Cream.
We go back to 1997.  It’s a time when P. Diddy went by Puffy Daddy, MTV still played music videos and gas averaged $1.22 a gallon.
We grew up just a bike ride away from each other in neighborhoods next door. Talk about childhood sweethearts! We don't even remember the first time we met since we spent our childhood in the same classes & playground at our small Catholic grade school. By 13 my heart would skip a beat at the sight of those baby blues, a backward cap & a Starter jacket.
We spent time riding bikes to the pizza shop or for ice cream, sneaking out to deliver newspapers on Mr. Sweet Cream’s delivery street, playing manhunt and getting in trouble for being caught still on the phone in the middle of the night.
Many, many moons later, Mr. Sweets proposed at Bolton Mansion, an old mansion in between our two old neighborhoods, on the 4th of July.  He surprised me with an antique 1920s art deco ring I was in love with.  Mr. Sweets, being Mr. Sweets -- told me was sold and that we’d figure something else out.  Obviously I gotta give that boy props because I wasn’t only surprised – I was in shock!  So much so that couldn’t even hold a glass of champagne that Mr. Sweets poured me after I said "yes" (heck yes!!) & we hugged and kissed and called me his finance.  Let me just say, sweet bubbles dripped from both of our eyelashes.  Mr. Sweet Cream planned a family BBQ at my parents house and I got to party into the night, with ring on finger, fireworks above, with my family, my future family and my soon-to-be-hubby.
So... "what’s our wedding going to be like?" you may be thinking...


We've begun planning our wedding for October in our hometown with a Catholic Church mass & laid back reception (with BBQ!). 
While we do not have dream of a ballroom wedding – even though ballroom weddings are totally beautiful -- we have something simpler in mind.
And since I’m a gal who admittedly loves the previews at the movies more than the movie itself, I wanted to give you a sneak peak… Just be sure to stick around for the feature presentation.
Here is an original inspiration board that I put together after realizing that an inspiration board is just what I needed to keep “the big picture” for “the big day” in mind.


Self Made Inspiration Board
And here is a snippet of some of my DIY goodness that I have been slaving over....that of course you can look forward to me sharing with all of you.
Self Made Inspiration Board
(with the exception of lower right tie - gorgeous right? Etsy Seller MeandMatilda...
Why it's on the DIY board? You'll find that out later!)


I'm sure that you can all relate to the boxes of wedding creations slowly taking over rooms and creating small mountains in our house… Especially as we get ready to hit the four month check mark!
Time is flying and we have a ton of crafting, cutting, gluing, addressing, planning & partying, before having the day we’ve been waiting a lifetime for! 


I can't wait to share all the deets with you, my fellow bees! Until we meet again, which I know will be real, real soon!


Xoxo,
Miss Sweet Cream


No comments:

Post a Comment