Friday, May 6, 2011

Mark Your Calendars, Ladies & Gentlemen. We have a date!

I am a bride that loves paper.  I love combing through Etsy looking at invitation suites.  I love seeing other brides DIY invites and all of the time and planning that was put into it.  I love getting invitations for weddings and seeing how each one fits the bride and groom – an invitation with its own personality, whether it’s the font, phrasing or colors… before we could get to the invitation stage – I was on a mission.  To find the perfect idea for the save the date.

With a 15 month long engagement I just knew I wanted to send something in the mail announcing our date.  Nevermind the fact that most of the relatives learned our date during phone calls or at someone’s Christening.  This date was ours and it needed to be saved in something worth saving – at least for us to save & pull out to remember.

I first feel in love with something like this for the save the date…
 Source / JuneBug Weddings

Then was obsessed with the idea of a “vintage postcard," especially one in particular on etsy.

                                                                    Source / Etsy Seller ItsMelC

And I swooned over Mrs. Duckling's save the date tutorial.


If only a bride could have multiple save the dates!  Sigh.

Well with the inspiration of this:




(NOTE: Click here for the DIY tutorial)

Aren't these adorable?! The Wedding Chicks
have this template for free on their site.  Totally customized.  Totally fabulous!



I started my journey of carefully cutting, night after night, hot gluing and envelope lining, stuffing, addressing and finally sealing!  Tadaa!

Self Pic

Although it was a long process I am very happy with the outcome and think that it was worth the labor. I can definiately post a little tutorial for fellow brides looking for something that is oh so cute that literally cost $0 - besides envelopes/mailing that is.

Did you do save the dates? What inspired them?  Do you think all of the time and effort in the details is worth it?

No comments:

Post a Comment