Saturday, May 14, 2011

Cloudy With the Chance of An Afternoon Shower

I'm a giver -- especially when it comes to gifts.  Being one of the people who like to give presents rather than get them, I love thinking of what could wow when it comes to everything from birthdays to holidays -- and especially showers.

When I got invited to the baby shower of the wife of Cousin Sweet Cream -- who is one of the few and the proud -- I ran around searching for Marine camo fabric to whip up a complete outfit -- including a onsie, bib, booties and burp pad.


Self Pic

Mr. Sweet Cream's cousin's bridal shower came up and after looking at the registry, I picked the cupcake/muffin tins and did a whole theme around it, with sprinkles, cupcake liners, a handmade cupcake printed apron and my favorite muffin and cupcake recipes packaged into a little book.
No Pic of My Present - But This Does Look Yummy!

Now, my high school friend is tying the knot and of course I was thrilled to dig through her registry and figure out what my gift-giving-lovin' self could dream up.

Me & BM Sweet Cream decided to go halvsies on this griddle that was on her registry.


And just like that the theme became "Breakfast for 2" and we gathered a Williams-Sonoma breakfast book with a handwritten note in the front, egg rings & -- my favorite -- a pancake mix from scratch that she just had to add an egg and some milk to.

Self Pic
Self Pic
Self Pic 
(Typed Up a Little Label in Word)

Self Pic 
(It Looks Much Cuter in Person - I swear!)

I had green wrapping paper in our closet that was just enough to wrap the ginormous skillet.  I also had a basket with a red stripe around it that made our gift look like something for Christmas.  So with a little scrap fabric to cover hints of St. Nick, our present is complete.  We just want to pick up a flipper to throw in the basket.  

And just when I thought that that was the best idea ever, a colleague of mine who is oh, so amazing and her gal pals took off on the idea of the candle poem & did a wine-themed make-over to the idea.  Chipping in on wine locker, wine accessories & some new wine glasses, the girls each bought a bottle of vino and made up a funny poem to go with it for things like first make-up, first golf win, first fantasy football tournament win, first anniversary, first local vaca as Mr. & Mrs., etc... How cool is THAT? I still can't get over that amazing gift idea!  Props to oh, so amazing colleague!

Do you love giving gifts more than getting them?  What is your favorite shower gift you have seen -- baby or bridal?  Is there anything really clever -- or just great -- that you think every bride or mom-to-be should get at their party?

No comments:

Post a Comment