Tuesday, May 17, 2011

You're My Inspiration

Every bride needs an inspiration board to help inspire her bridal brain.  Or apperhently the blogosphere says that we do.

While envisioning the big day I had dreams of soothing colors -- perhaps pastels or some smooth shade of pink.  Grey was a definite.  I don't know what it is with me that that pigment.  I didn't even realize it until me & Mr. Sweet Cream bought our mid-century home and salvaged furniture that could make Betty Draper weak in her knees.  Whatever the question that had the word "color" in it -- my answer would remain the same: Grey.

Grey is a hue that has a strange way of tying everything together.

Case in point:

Isn't this peach & grey color scheme just o so lovely?

Eggplant, Taupe & Grey.  Yes! Oh, yes!

Look at these beauties.  Grey, Green, and certainly romantic.

Grey can go from black tie to "down home."

And while I had ideas of putting together inspiration boards and matching colors to find just the right ensamble to make the theme sing, I stumbled across this in my bedroom.

My Own Pic

That is fabric that Mama Sweet Cream surprised me with 3 years ago when I couldn't stop pining away for it at the fabric store but kept putting it back because of the price.  That gift sat in my fabric bin until just the right project came along -- something so gorgeous couldn't be wasted on a jacket I might grow tired of over the years.  So when me and Mr. Sweet Cream purchased a 1920s bedroom set with fabric that had be reupholstered -- I decided that this was just the right project for that precious pattern.  

Here it is -- up close and personal. Sigh... :
(self pic)

A year after it existing in our abode adorning our antique furniture, it began to weave itself into the wedding... when I photocopied it and made the envelope liners for the save the dates (of course the same plan for the wedding invites).
Gorgeous fabric makes gorgeous paper!!
(Self pic)

It will also grace itself with its presence for our table numbers (more on that later).
Whoever sits at Table 5 gets to feast their eyes on this pretty piece!
(Self pic)

Another cherished treasured that snuck its way into my inspiration board unbeknownst itself is this piece of wood that Mr. Sweet Cream wood burned for me many Valentine's Days ago.  He got it from a part of the tree (it was a dead branch -- don't worry!) where we always hung out when we were younger... and he later proposed there.  

My Own Pic

Let's just say I've since I realized that I wanted this weaved in, I immediately borrowed Mama Sweet Cream's wood burner and have been going to town on some little wooden hearts that may just grace our invites. I also have plans to incorporate Mr. Sweet's genuine heartfelt idea into little signs throughout our wedding.  Oh, yea -- and it is certainly involved in the inspiration behind our invites too!  

I'm so happy that this fabric that caught my eye years ago that was so beautiful to me that I couldn't bring a pair of shears near it has a super special spot now.

What inspired your color palate??  Did you find inspiration in the most random of places?


No comments:

Post a Comment