Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Haven't Nailed Down A Plan -- But A Frenchy Isn't for Me

OK. I have to admit it.

After Mr. Sweet Cream proposed and the sparkly new accessory grazed my ring finger, I didn't get a manicure!

I know.

And it's almost been a full year & I have yet to get one(!!!). 

Don't get me wrong - I love painting my nails and making them look like shiny & kempt.  And I am the person that gets that feeling you get when your five on Christmas day when Sally Hansen comes out with a new color.

But for some reason I'm not one for shades the color of roses and going to a nail salon is a rarity for me.  I do love paining my nails though!

This is the laquer color that made me let out a like shriek in the drug store that made heads turn.


This one did it to me too -- opulent cloud.


And besides just shades - I love seeing new ideas that are completely out of the box!

I love love love these lace inspired nails.
Of course I would google.  Of course I would search...
There's actually a cool DIY tutorial here.

Pointy nails were starting to be en vogue... High fashion? Or catwoman?

Zac's former gf makes the "different shade on a solo finger"
look good.  Especially if you had a certain new piece of jewelry to show off!
Source / Glamour's Girls In the Beauty Department

Here's my hand on the night after the big question was popped (& our lives were officially changed forever):
(self pic)

I know that there were smudges on that pinky to the camera's eye -- but it looked OK in person.  And believe me - after seeing pics like this - I try as hard as I can to be a little bit more careful.

So on the big day I do not think that I will be going the route of the french manicure or some shade of roses (unless we are talking about yellow ones). It just isn't "me" and I want to be as me and I can be on my wedding day.

So while the dress hunt begins and other plans are made, I'm keeping my eyes peeled for the varnish the speaks to me.  I will get them done professionally - especially after said pic above - and I may grow them out a tiny bit... but not false nails for me.  They just make my finger nails clostrophobic, what can I say.

Elle Woods might have said "Never underestimate the power of a woman with a french manicure." But I think some rockin' nails are equally as intimidating.

Did you get a manicure after you were sporting some shiny new bling? What is your favorite nail polish color? Do you know what you are doing with you falanges for the big day?

No comments:

Post a Comment