Thursday, May 19, 2011

Let's Talk Labels (And I don't mean Prada or Versace!)

I was blessed with pretty decent handwriting in all shapes and sizes -- I can do everything from a mean cursive to perfectly sized capitols.

Which should have told my parents from a very early age that it wasn't in my pipeline to become a doctor.

Even though I used to be fluent in doctor writing after working for one during high school,
I certainly don't know what the heck this says!

Even though I took my time with each loop and swirl - I do admit that cursive Z's were hard.  Which certainly didn't help when I was scribbling in my diary about jazz class or zebras at the zoo.

Cursive Z's are hard -- and not just for Billy Madison!!

So even though I have become a lot better at my cursive z's, I decided I wouldn't be handwriting on our slate grey envelopes.  And while there are a number of gorgeous, swirly, delightful options for addressing the invite envelopes out there...

Mrs. Plaid's awesome DIY addressed envelopes...
Her tutorial is awesome!

This bride free-styled all in a scribbly larger-than-life address
with a brown India ink brush pen that I simply love.

I love the loops and ink blots of Bryn of Paperfinger's calligraphy

Lettergirl has a ton of great ideas for those who have proof of the sketching 
abilities from their old school marble notebooks.  
This envelop just oozes charm in a kitched-up-kind of way.

For one reason or the other I found the wrap around label the best for our tastes.  They are easy.  They are adaptable -- depending on what font/imagery you chose.  Not to mention cheap (with the exception of some out beautifully designed by a pro to order).



Etsy Seller, ImbueYouIDo sells these sweet wrap around labels


Although I would love to do the kitched-up-kind of envelope inspired from lettergirl, I do picture myself being way too obsessive about each loop and swirl. I can imagine batches of hair on our red carpet, crying as Mr. Sweet Cream quickly whips away crumbled wasted envelopes out of my sight.

For my STDs I decided on using some sticky paper that I was sitting in my craft closet I was able to pick my favorite font, and in a word doc typed all the labels, printed and used my handy paper cutter and wa-la...

Wrap around labels!









How did you address your invites?  Were they by hand? By computer? By a pro?  Do you have a great tip to share about doing this dreaded task?

No comments:

Post a Comment