Friday, May 13, 2011

Maids in Manhattan... I mean the 'burbs of Philly

After we began checking things off our big picture list we began to think of who we would want to stand by us on The Big Day.  Of course we knew just who... but the time killer was, how to complete the mission of the ask.  Being so stressed about the perfect ask for my BMs completely made me get just a glimpse into the intensity of planning a proposal... I realize that this wasn't as big of a deal as a "proposal" where I'd have to get down on one knee... but I still wanted it to be special.

I realize it could have been easier just to ask.  But I never left myself off that easy.

I loved ideas from all over the Bridal online universe...

How cool are these wine labels with pics?!

These gorgeous cards and paper doll strand just stole my heart... 
Miss Tartlet did them beautifully!

Look at these beauts from etsy

I decide to make everyone homemade peach vodka.  Even though it took a little peeling and chopping and some time, I thought it was worth it (and bonus that there was too much to fill all the bottles so some wound up staying with me!).  I found bottles at our local Home Goods for $3 and designed some labels with favorite fonts.

Next I decided to make paper dolls.  The old school kind where you have to tape lollypop sticks to the back of the neck -- because I'm a blast from the past like that. I sketched out assorted BM dresses & accessories & the sky was the limit since it was only paper...
Source (Self Pic) 

And then came the old-school slideshow I made in iMovie.  I spent hours scanning pictures of my past (and present) and it had my sobbing as I flashed back to my babyhood (with Cousin Sweet Cream) to braces (with BM Sweet Cream) to my future with my FSIL Sweet Cream.  The melodies of Miley's "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun," Rascal Flatt's "Life is a Highway" and The Beatles' "In My Life" played in the background as we all grew up right before our eyes on the computer screen.  I knew it was worth the effort.  They are masterpieces!

Source (Self Pic)
I know that there is a vintage diet book in there...It's not because BM Sweet Cream needs a diet -- quiet the contrary! She just loves funny vintage stuff & this certainly fit the bill... You should SEE some of those exercises that promise to keep the bust high!! :)

While I invited each over separately for some snacks and wine and then showed them the movie and presented the basket filled with goodies, I had to mail Cousin Sweet Cream's package clear to the other side of the country.  But she got it.  And she cried. And she called me.  And she LOVED it.

So while Mr. Sweet Cream asked his men with a one-liner at a BBQ, I labored over these special surprises.  Although I certainly am jealous - I know that I couldn't have done it with just a question over the phone -- Even though I was asked that way and still felt so excited and tingles.

I hope that they liked it.  And I hope that they will be remembered.

Did you ask the near & dear to your heart to be a part of your day in a special way?  What did you do?  

No comments:

Post a Comment