Thursday, May 12, 2011

Raindrops on Roses & Whiskers on Kittens...

After we were engaged, but before we even discussed the wedding, I bought these:


It was maybe a couple days after we were engaged.  Very embarrassing. 

I don't know what drove me to the impulsive of purchasing 150+ paper grey straws.  Maybe it's what Etsy does to you? Perhaps it was knowing that I love vintage paper straws that I see in antique shops that I never buy? 

The nostalgic idea of paper straws with beautiful swirled color reminds me of ice cream floats and brings a wildly childlike simplistic joy into my heart.  If I were Maria Rainer trying to calm the von Trapp children on a rainy day I would definitely add paper straws to my list of favorite things. 

Maybe it was inspiration that might have lingered it my mind like this:

I seriously want to jump in that picture and crack open a bag of
Double Stuffed Oreos
(source)


And once yellow was decided as a color I immediately bought this:


-- another impulse buy that I hadn't a plan for.  But I knew that it was a must.  I was zombie-like and giddy as I clicked enter on the keyboard, sending an exciting package of yellow twine my way. Crazy impulsive, no?

I have since figured things out a little for my first two purchases and have luckily curbed my impulse wedding buying (I swear to you that I am not normally like this!).  The straws inspired me to do a vintage soda bar during cocktail hour, good for minors and adults alike. 


I'll be using the twine for for the seating cards & the invitations -- something like this:

What are a few of your favorite things? Was there something that you just knew you had to have that you acted on it almost immediately after the question was popped?

No comments:

Post a Comment