Monday, May 16, 2011

Accessories are Necessities!

When I first started my quest to find the one piece of clothing that will (hopefully) be cherished and remembered (by me at least!) for years to come, I had no clue what I had in mind.

I tried on dresses of all shapes, fabrics and detail, falling in love with everything from mermaid gowns to empire-waisted dresses.

Here were some of my faves -- but for one reason or another, they didn't make it to the end.

Galina's strapless shantung taffeta sweetheart ball gown 

I loved how this dress made me feel.  The shantung taffeta fabric was just the right blend of laid-back & super sweet.  And the pockets! The way the train romantically followed me! ... Even though I loved it - I had imagined something a little bit more figure fitting for our big day...


Maggie Sottero / Jenna (Source)

Maggie's Jenna stole my heart and I literally jumped for joy after trying it on and begged to go back to try it on again -- and again.  Its fluffy layers and fitted silhouette were breathtaking... 

But then I started envisioning the rest of my wedding day look.

I knew I wanted gloves.  But not Cinderella-esque ones... something with a little more funk and flair... Like these.

And I seriously gasped (& my heart ached) when I stumbled across Australian designer, Johanna Johnson's take-your-breath away bridal head pieces.  Immediately decided whether I DIY or not, I needed a statement headpiece (along with my veil).  Seriously, JJ just oozes romance from a time long, long ago -- yet somehow delivers a kick of modernity.  



And a bold big statement necklace -- yes please!

I know, I know... This is a LOT! I realize this.

And all these ideas that are floating around in my bridal brain paired with fluffed, beaded, bling-ed out dress could be a whole lot to take in.

So that is why I opted on a more simplistic dress.  Unfortunately, there isn't a picture (I cannot believe I forgot my camera when we went to go put money down on the dress!).  

But It's simplistic sweet-heart neckline, fitted silhouette with small buttons down the back and not else too much will help all my other accessories -- and me --shine.  And I'm a girl who loves accessories.

Did you think of the whole picture of what you envisioned when picking out your dress?  Did you get accessories to match your dress or get the dress to match what you have envisioned your accessories??

No comments:

Post a Comment