Friday, May 27, 2011

My Littlest Lady: Saying Yes to the Dress! Part II

I know that being a tween can be an awkward age for anyone.  There can certainly also be a slim & awkward selection of dresses to chose from to be in someone's wedding.

My littlest lady, FSIL Sweet Cream, is laid back & go with the flow, so I know that she wouldn't care too much about what I put her in for the big day.  She trusts my fashion expertise! I know this because she always hopes that I pick out her birthday and Christmas presents and that they are some kind of stylish wardrobe piece. (hey! I would too if I was the first girl with jeggins in my class, JUST as they were starting to hit the runways of middle school).

Since older FSIL Sweet Cream sometimes steals things from her 12-year-old sister, I was originally thinking that the littlest lady could totally fit into a size 0 of the BM dresses...and then with a few stitches here and there of a pretty shell top that would go underneath, we would be in business.

This is exactly what I pictured doing to my littlest lady's dress.
A few stitches would make this age appropriate and adorable!
Source: Stylehive

Rhianna does the "shirt under dress" good
Kate B. uses a tank under her sweetheart necklined 
denim number
Source: Fabsugar

My vision entailed a silkier or nicer shell -- not just some tank top.  But it didn't work out.  Not everyone was in agreement with the idea...

So...onward with the hunt! I was surprised of the minimal offerings for tween girls at the bridal store.  Dresses screamed out flower girl or bridesmaid -- with nothing in between.  Where are the Jr. BM dresses when you need one?  I wanted the littlest lady to feel confident, beautiful... & like she fit in with the big girls.

Surprisingly, after wandering in to David's Bridal, we found two different dresses that could be "the one."



While the littlest lady liked both, we decided on the one on the left, since the feeling of the fabric was so close to the everyone else's dresses.

Problem solved!  We might get it hemmed so that it matches the hemline of the BM dresses.  We'll see what she wants to do when it gets a little bit closer.

Did you have a crazy time coordinating tweens with the rest of your party?  How did you solve it?  Is it OK with you that they aren't really in the same "look?"








No comments:

Post a Comment